FORMER PDP CHAIRMAN SAYS THE PARTY'S 2019 GOVERNORSHIP TICKET IS OPEN TO OGUN WEST, OGUN EAST
By Femi Shodunke
Are you a People’s Democratic Party (PDP) politician from Ogun West and Ogun East Senatorial districts who is interested in succeeding Governor Ibikunle Amosun?
If you are, definitely your chances are brighter to become the next governor of Ogun State on the platform of the PDP going by the words coming out from the former State Chairman of the party, Chief Joju Fadairo.
Similarly, the ex-Chairman, Governing Council, Yaba College of Technology, maintained that any aspirant from Ogun Central Senatorial District nursing governorship ambition should forget it as such person would not enjoy the support of the PDP.
Fadairo, who was the Chairman of the party during the two terms PDP administration of Otunba Gbenga Daniel, also declared that the erstwhile ruling government would return to both the federal seat of power and Ogun State in 2019.
While also conceding to the fact that Amosun had the right to offer his support to any aspirant to succeed him, the PDP leader explained that achieving the goal goes beyond mere statement.
“He (Amosun) is the incumbent. He can support anybody to succeed him. However, tacit decision is not good enough, support must be full,” he said.
“The PDP can pick its candidate from the (Ogun) East or (Ogun) West, but definitely not from the Central District,” Fadairo, who is the Chairman of Fadosons and Company Limited, stressed.
The ex-State Chairman further said “The field is always open to all. However, if it is zoned to a particular zone, the party will support that zone fully. This democracy, you can’t prevent anybody from contesting for any position irrespective of the fact that it had been zoned to a particular zone.”
According to him, the party had been holding meetings and sensitizing the people as part of the strategies to return the Federal Government and the Gateway State to the PDP in 2019.
“We have been holding meetings from ward, local, senatorial and state levels informing, educating and sensitizing them ahead of the 2019 election,” Fadairo, said.
“PDP is preparing to wrestle power from APC by talking to the voters at the grassroots level and we are strategizing,” he further stressed, adding: “Harmonisation is on-going and we are making progress steadily.”
While reacting to insinuation that PDP is dead in Ogun State, Fadairo declared: “Those people in that school of thought must be dreaming. They must be pessimists. Come 2019, PDP will be back both in the state as well as Federal levels.”
Fadairo, who belongs to the Ahmed Markafi faction of the PDP, also explained that the party would soon hold its national convention to enable it begin moving around to campaign for the change of the All Progressive Congress (APC) administrations in the Gateway State and the federal levels.
“As soon as possible our party will hold its national convention,” he said, adding: “Thereafter, we’ll begin the move around the country to let people know that we are going to change the change.”
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY