KRESTA LAUREL UNVEILS INDIGENOUS 'KLL CONSTRUCTION LTD', TO DEVELOP NIGERIA'S LOCAL CONTENT
The urge to develop and strengthen local content in Nigeria's engineering sector to an enviable position has given birth to KLL Construction Limited, a subsidiary of Kresta Laurel Engineering Limited.
The new subsidiary, a brain child of the former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel would cater for construction, engineering, services and industrial projects in Nigeria.
The former governor and Chairman of Kresta Laurel Limited who is a professional engineer stated this while unveiling the new company.
He explained that the growing demands for the development of critical infrastructure and construction projects in Nigeria led to the birth of KLL Limited placing premium priority on service, quality and safety.
According to him, "the major aim of the company”, he stressed, “is to present a new kind of Construction Company that will stand the test of time and which Nigeria will be proud of by replicating the success story of Kresta Laurel Limited which remains the only ISO certified lift company in Nigeria”.
The Managing Director of Kresta Laurel Limited, Engr. Dideolu Falobi, stated that the vision of KLL Construction Company was to create and maintain an organisation of highly skilled construction professionals that will deliver consistent results through planned training and with high levels of honesty and integrity.
He said the mission of the new organisation "is to be the foremost Construction Company that will deliver high quality services and products to international standards".
Unveiling KLL construction Limited at the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos on Thursday, the occasion, was also used to honour Messrs Pye Douglas and Nasyr Jakpbek of KONE Elevators of Finalnd.
It had in attendance the Finnish Ambassador to Nigeria, Pirjo Suomela-Chowdhury, business magnates, financial experts and major stakeholders in the Nigerian Construction industry.
The Finish Ambassador, Pirjo Suomela-Chowdhury expressed her pleasure to have been invited to the event and thanking Otunba Daniel for the grand reception he facilitated to mark the Finnish 99th Independence Anniversary in 2016.
In her words, the Finnish government holds Otunba Daniel in high esteem not only as the major distributor of Finland’s KONE Elevators but his appointment as the President of the Nigeria/Finland Association expressing her confidence that the new initiative will further enhance trade relations between Nigeria and Finland.
KLL Construction Company Limited will be managed by Brian Greenaway, a qualified and highly experienced British engineer with experience across four continents on various aspects of engineering.
Brian, who has been in the construction industry for over forty years, has worked in several different roles within the nuclear and power industry in both the UK and Russia.
He also worked as Technical Director to UACN from 2012 to 2016 and was instrumental in the delivery of new build and refurbishment projects in Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Asaba and Calabar.
KLL Construction Limited’s scope includes building construction, water treatment, plant construction, sewage treatment, road construction, dredging and landfill among other special projects.
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY