TRACE OFFICER MACHETED WHILE CARRYING OUT DUTIES
An officer of the Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, TRACE, Atan division was today assaulted resulting in bodily injury.
The officer was cut with a cutlass at Atan junction where the operative was said to be carrying out his lawful duty.
The assailant involved has been arrested and handed over to the police at Atan Police Station while the officer attacked is presently receiving treatment at the General Hospital in Ota.
Meanwhile, the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Ogun State Dr. Olumide Ayeni has assured the prosecution of any suspect or culprit involved in the attack of the officer.
He directed that the details of the incident be duly sent by the police to the necessary quarters to allow the law to take its toll.
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY