APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
Enugu State Caucus of All Progressives Congress (APC), has unanimously endorsed the suspension of 20 members of the party by the State Executive Committee for alleged misconduct and anti-party activities.
Among those suspended were the State Deputy Chairman, Adolphus Ude; Women Leader, Queen Nwankwo; and Senior Special Assistant to the President on Justice Reforms, Juliet Ibekaku.
Joe Orji, a retired Group Captain, who briefed journalist on Friday in Enugu, said the caucus condemned the invasion of the party office by Mr. Ude and his group on Monday, July 3, 2017.
Mr. Orji, who is chairman of the party’s reconciliation committee in the state, also said Ben Nwoye remains State Chairman of the party.
He said the state caucus endorsed the suspension of the state deputy chairman and 19 others involved in the invasion of the state party office on July 3, 2017.
He said the caucus had directed that the state deputy chairman and other suspended party members involved should be invited to the next meeting of the caucus.
Throwing more light on the outcome of the caucus meeting, Mr. Orji warned that the party would not condone any act of misconduct from any member.
He said APC promised change in the country and it must start with party members.
Mr. Orji, however, ruled out the expulsion of any party member, saying APC works with a constitution and that in accordance with that constitution, the state arm cannot expel anybody.
He maintained that only the National Convention could ratify the expulsion of any party member.
Other party leaders at the caucus meeting included National Vice Chairman, South-East, Emma Eneukwu; former Senate President, Ken Nnamani; former Governor Jim Nwobodo and Ambassador Chris Eze, among others.
Published in News
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY
- WITH RISING DEBT, FG SAYS CAN'T BORROW ANY MORE