WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
President of Arewa Youth Forum, AYF, Gambo Gujungu has accused South West leaders of using Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose and former Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode to pitch Nigerians against President Muhammadu Buhari-led government and the Northern region.
Gujungu made the claim while reacting to Fayose’s recent remark that he would release damaging pictures showing that Buhari is currently in a terrible state of health.
Addressing journalists in Abuja, AYF President described Fayose’s claim as lies, stressing that Buhari will soon return to the country.
Gujungu disclosed that he in company of AYF delegation met with the President in London, adding that Buhari will return after completing some medical routine.
He, however, warned the South West region to quit playing with Nigeria’s unity for peace to reign.
Gujungu also challenged Fayose to produce the 11 pictures of the president as he mentioned or quit making further comments on Buhari’s health.
According to Gujungu, “These South west people think that we don’t understand the politics they are playing, we do but we will shock them when the time comes.
“They are using Ekiti state Governor Ayodele Fayose and Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani Kayode to pitch the rest of the country against the north and Mr. President in particular, we understand the game but we are waiting and watching.
“You know I'm National President of AYF, the umbrella body of all youths in the north and many of you are aware of our efforts to stabilize the country. Mostly against this recent call by some of our brothers to expel people of the south east.
“But some people want to show us that they understand the game of politics more than us. But they are in for a surprise.
“Let me reveal to you guys that after our recent meeting in Kaduna here, a delegation was sent to London. I led that delegation because we wanted to know the truth of the situation. We met with the president and he told us some things.”
“All I can say now is our President would soon be back and people would witness drastic changes in the country. Many people will be surprise when he comes I can tell you that.
“I'm challenging Governor Fayose to immediately release his eleven pictures or resign as the governor of his state for telling Nigerians lies unbecoming of a Governor. This man has been peddling lies to gullible people thinking he is criticizing the president. This is a challenge from me to him and I can tell you he would do nothing because all his claims are lies.”
Published in News
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY
- WITH RISING DEBT, FG SAYS CAN'T BORROW ANY MORE