CUSTOMS BOSS SHOULD GET A UNIFORM OR QUIT THE JOB
The case of the custom boss is like a man who wants to work in a mortuary and does not like to see or touch dead bodies.
It is also like a Lawyer or Law Student who does not like White and Black clothes, or an Accountant who does not like double entry principle.
If Customs job is so lucrative for him to accept , then he should be ready to wear the uniform especially as the law establishes it.
However, in my personal opinion, I don't think customs should be headed by someone who is not a trained customs officer and had risen through the ranks.
I foresee the fear in the man to be that, having retired as a Soldier, how could he now wear custom's uniform.Soldiers are superior to other security agencies (Quote and Unquote or assumed).
I think it is an Ego issue to like a job and hate the Uniform and I also think that guy should be replaced by a retired custom officer and let Rtd Col Hameed Ibrahim Ali become a Security Consultant or an adviser to the government on Territorial integrity and External Aggression control.
It will not happen in any nation for you to head an organisation and not like their uniform.
If you are a nurse and you don't like the uniform? then leave the hospital.
If you are a lecturer and you don't like academic gown, then leave the University.
If you are a Pastor and you dont like singing hymns, Praise worship and Prayers, then leave the Pulpit.
If you can't stand the heat, don't stay in the kitchen.
If you are inside, you must prove you are and not act like a stranger. You are not a law maker performing oversight functions...Hence, you must wear that Uniform.
"Dr.Gbenga Adeoye writes while thinking about my country Nigeria where human beings sometimes behave like God."
How long would it take to sew a nice uniform for Rtd Col Ali?Someone should get him a nice one and close this matter.
Dr. Gbenga Adeoye. FCTI, FCA, PhD. Abeokuta
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY