FATHER STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AT DAUGHTER'S WEDDING
No one likes a dull wedding, but one father-of-the-bride's speech was a little too electrifying at his daughter's ceremony last weekend.
JP Nadeau was reportedly struck by lightning mid-sentence in his apple orchard in New Brunswick, Canada.
"And just as I told my new son-in-law 'You're a lucky guy' - Boom!" he told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Aside from a small scar on his thumb, Mr Nadeau says he was unscathed and the wedding proceeded.
Storm clouds had gathered behind him at the ceremony on 8 July, he said, and his daughter saw lightning strike the ground nearby.
"I had the microphone and the shock jumped into the sound system and my hand just lit up and I saw the spark," he told CBC.
"And I'm looking at my hand and it's all flared up… It was like I was holding a lightning bolt in my hand, it was amazing."
Everyone was stunned at first, but that didn't stop the happy couple from continuing with the festivities.
"It was a beautiful wedding," Mr Nadeau's wife, Maggy Thomas, told CBC.
"But that was pretty terrifying for a second."
Mr Nadeau says he's a lucky-unlucky man - in 2015, a cruise ship he was working on near the Falkland Islands caught fire, and he was rescued by the British Royal Air Force.
"I've had lots of brushes with death," said Mr Nadeau. "But death keeps ignoring me."
Published in Foreign
Latest from Nigerian Newstrack
- PDP SUPREME COURT VERDICT, PROOF OF HOPE IN NIGERIA'S JUDICIAL SYSTEM - BABAWANDE
- JOURNALIST, WIFE, SON KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION
- DARK HAIR DYE AND CHEMICAL RELAXERS LINKED TO BREAST CANCER
- WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OF SEVENTEEN YEARS
- ARMED ROBBERS ATTACK YORUBA MOVIE ACTORS, ODUNLADE ADEKOLA, MR LATIN
- YORUBA, IGBO, N'DELTA, MIDDLE BELT LEADERS UNITE AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN
- U.S TO CRACKDOWN ON NIGERIANS, BRAZILIANS, OTHERS WITH OVERSTAYED VISAS
- APC SUSPENDS BUHARI'S AIDE, 19 OTHER TOP MEMBERS
- WE'LL SHOCK SOUTHWEST SOON, AREWA YOUTHS WHO ISSUED IGBO QUIT NOTICE THREATEN
- ANOTHER NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER DIES
- POLICE RAID EX-AGF ADOKE'S COUNTRY HOME IN KOGI
- 5 REASONS I'LL IGNORE HEALTH MINISTER'S SUSPENSION ORDER - NHIS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- HEALTH MINISTRY REPLIES NHIS CHIEF, SAYS SUSPENSION ORDER STANDS
- POLICE ARRESTS JAILBIRD, 3 OTHERS WITH HUMAN PARTS IN OGUN
- FATHER PUTS SON ON SALE TO RAISE MONEY FOR MOTHER'S BURIAL
- JONATHAN SPEAKS ON PDP'S SUPREME COURT VERDICT
- US CUSTOMS AGENTS FIND COBRAS INSIDE MAIL AT JFK AIRPORT
- BUHARI, OSINBAJO TALKS: CABINET SHAKE-UP LIKELY SOON
- MAKARFI TAKES OVER PDP HQ AFTER SUPREME COURT VICTORY
- WITH RISING DEBT, FG SAYS CAN'T BORROW ANY MORE